Season Switch Maintenance
Sacred Earth Farms
A skilled and knowledgeable Organic Farmer performs post-harvest clearing and clean-up of your garden plot(s) to prepare the ground for the next season's crops.
Season Switch post-harvest activities may include:
- Removal of spent plants,
- Weeding by hand (we never use chemical herbicides)
- Clipping/pruning perennial plants
- Seeding a seasonal cover crop
- Applying mulch
- Irrigation system adjustments
- Removal of crop markers, plant supports and trellis structures
- Other related tasks as agreed in advance.
Season Switch new crop cycle launch tasks may include
- Plant design for new season
- Applying soil amendments for the next growing cycle
- Purchase new plants, seeds, and amendments
- Seed sowing directly in the ground, or transplanting new crops.
We will contact you to discuss specific tasks prior to assigning a farmer.